More positions are opening at the Innovation Forum: Communications Team
With a burgeoning portfolio and rapidly expanding international presence, the Innovation Forum is seeking motivated students to join its Communications Team.
The Innovation Forum is a multidisciplinary network that catalyses innovative advance by fostering synergy between academia, industry and government.
Our Communications Team is the architect of the Innovation Forum’s external face. This is a critical function that involves engaging with our network and a diverse array of academic, industrial and public sector leaders – such as the CEOs of multi-billion-pound companies and university Vice-Chancellors.
- A central aspect of the role is delivering a high quality communication flow, including:
- Newsletter and email communications
- Events promotion, especially our flagship Innovation Leaders Conference
- Developing website content
- Managing social media presence
- Communicating with news media outlets
- Liaising with our international branches (opening in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Harvard, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Singapore, Qatar and more)
- The Communications Team will also work with our Business Development Team to:
- Prepare sponsorship packages for large corporates and venture capitalists
- Prepare pitches and proposals for services we offer (e.g. tailored events, recruitment)
- Liaise with our corporate and institutional partners (UK and international, especially Asia & the Gulf)
Skills in either or both of these areas are welcome and roles will be divided accordingly within the Team. No specific background is required and applications from all disciplines are invited. The selection criteria include excellent written English, the ability to grasp and convey key messages to a specific audience, and a flair for communication. Advanced IT and graphic design skills are valuable but not necessary for these positions.
This is an opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage of development and expansion. You will evolve your communication and marketing skills, and directly interact with senior figures in academia, large corporates, investment groups and government.
To express your interest, please email your CV and a brief (100 words maximum) statement to recruitment[at]inno-forum.org by 20th May. Additionally, please feel free to provide an example of previous communication work.