If there’s anything you’d like to chat about in confidence, no matter how serious or trivial, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Welfare Officers.
In addition, there are a range of support services for you within Cambridge. Here are further details if you may wish to contact any of them:
- 999 for Police, Fire and Ambulance Services
- Hughes Hall On-Call Duty Person: 07919 058 305 or 07919 058 101
- 999: Emergency
- 101: Non-emergency number, general enquiries (available 24/7)
- GP Out-of-hours 0330 123 9131
- NHS Direct 0845 46 47 (available 24/7)
- Freephone 0808 808 2121
- Providing a freephone confidential support service across Cambridgeshire between 7.00pm and 11.00pm, 365 days a year.
- A confidential, anonymous student-run listening support and information service. Call to discuss anything that is bothering you — 01223 744444
- Linkline also has an Instant Messaging service which can be accessed from the website linkline.org.uk.
- Lines are open 7pm – 7am during Full Term
- Skype: linkline.cambridge
CUSU Student Advice Services
- Advice run by current Cambridge Students for questions on education, health, mental health, or any other issues you may be facing
- 01223 746 999
- Drop-in sessions: Tues and Thurs 12pm-2pm (Ground Floor, 17 Mill Lane)
Cambridge Rape Crisis
- Cambridge Rape Crisis Centre is a helpline service run by women, for women and girls who have survived or are currently experiencing sexual violence. The helpline is also open for family, friends and professionals who are supporting a survivor. Cambridge Rape Crisis also offer a call back service.
- 01223 245888 (Wednesdays 7.30pm – 9.30pm, Saturdays 3.00pm – 5:30pm & Sundays 10:00am – 12:30pm)
- Email Support Service: firstname.lastname@example.org (expect a reply in 2-7 days)
Mind Mental Health
- Information on mental health, where to get help, medication and alternative treatments, and advocacy
- 0300 123 3393
- Text 86463
- Mon – Fri, 9am – 6pm
- Friendly, confidential drugs advice
- 0300 123 6600
- Text 82111
- email@example.com (or use the anonymous contact form on the website)
University Counselling Service (UCS)
- Free, confidential, professional counselling services provided by the University
- Options for individual appointments, Group Sessions, and Self-Help (through information leaflets and online courses) all available
- 01223 332 865
iCaSH (Contraception and Sexual Health)
- Information, advice, screening and treatment for sexual health, such as sexually transmitted infections (STI’s), pregnancy and termination advice, and onward referral to antenatal and termination services.
- Free provision of contraception
- 0300 300 3030
- Lime Tree Clinic (Contraception and Sexual Health), Brookfields Hospital, 351 Mill Road, Cambridge, CB1 3DF.
- Don’t forget that your tutor, DOS are there for you.