With the majority of exams now over, we can all look forward to relaxing and celebrating, whilst being mindful of Anthony’s recent email urging caution. Hopefully the events below – together with a few more currently being finalised – will strike a happy balance, and continue to offer students a chance to socialise, within a COVID secure environment. Keep an eye out for further updates from the MCR.
June 24 @ 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
An online panel event (open to all) to discuss this powerful documentary, as well as the experiences of women in STEM. Panellists to include: Simone Eizagirre Barker, Dr Juliane Borchert and HH senior member Dr Aga Iwaiewicz-Wabnig. Find out more »
22 June @ 8:00 pm England v Czech Republic
Watch England play at this year’s European Championships. Take advantage of the college’s large screens and view with fellow students. Queries: sc945
Intercollege Sports afternoon @ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
More details to follow from the MCR. Queries: sc945
June 27 @ 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
All students are welcome to attend an informal evening of music making at the next Music Café. Join us in the Marquee to show off your talents – singing, music making, spoken word, etc. – in a friendly café-style atmosphere. Come along and participate, or just sit back, listen and enjoy. Find out more »
Also to note
Formal Halls book via Upay (deadline is Mon @10:00 am for Thursday FH, or Tues @10:00 am for Friday FH), or to suggest and discuss a themed Formal Hall, email: email@example.com.
- 22 June: Medics dinner (by invitation)
- 24 June: Boat club dinner (by invitation)
- 25 June: Sports & Societies FH
- Marquee Café open daily 10:30 am to 4:30 pm. Note: FREE coffee/tea available all this week!
- Marquee Bar open Thursdays & Fridays: 6:00 pm to 10:45 pm, Saturdays: 3:00 pm – 10:45 pm, Sundays: 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Brunch in the Dining Hall, served Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Academic & Welfare
- Extended opening hours and increased desk space in the Library. Click here for further information or check the Moodle site
- MCR Club Room is open for table tennis, table football, pool, and socialising.
Weekly slots around the Marquee/Back Lawns
Tuesdays @ 6.00 pm
Yoga on the upper back lawn
Visit the Hughes Hall Yoga Society page for more information.
Note: Outdoor and virtual. Enquiries to Swati Keshri (sk975)
Thursdays, 7.30 pm to 10.00 pm
Paint and Sip
An opportunity to unleash your creative talents with a few drinks and good company. All materials supplied. No need to book.
Sundays, 2.30 – 4.30 pm
Relax with a Pimms or soft drink in the Marquee and enjoy some downtime before the busy week ahead ….
No need to book.
Keep in touch
· COLLEGE CALENDAR https://www.hughes.cam.ac.uk/about-us/college-calendar/