Cambridge can be a difficult place to get all your IT set up – partly because everything has a strange name!
Raven is the name of the University of Cambridge authentication system. It can be used to log into your email, desktop computers and even one of the WiFi services.
– New Raven IDs are collected through Jackdaw
– Password resets are explained here
Microsoft’s Exchange Online (for new students) / Hermes is the e-mail service available to students registered at Cambridge.
– Information on how to set it up on your devices is available here
– Log in: Exchange Online – https://www.office.com/, Hermes: https://webmail.hermes.cam.ac.uk/
– There are two WiFi services around college
– University of Cambridge is slow and needs browser based authentication everytime you need to connect. Log on is authenticated by Raven
– Eduroam is a international system, so WiFi can be used at other participating universities. Details of how to connect are here. Remember, you don’t use your standard password for Eduroam, you need an access token – which you can get from here.