Hughes Hall has its own punt, called Buffyfish, moored at St John’s. It is available to book by any member of Hughes Hall who is also a member of the Hughes Hall Punt Club. Membership costs £10 for as long as you are a member of the University.
The punt is available from April to October every year.
How to become a member
- To join the punt club please fill in the membership form, print it and leave it in the pigeon hole of either Eulilee Brown (Punt Admiral). Payment can be made by cheque (payable to Hughes Hall MCR) or by cash (in the same pigeon hole) or by bank transfer.
- Send an email to the Punt Admirals (email@example.com) confirming this procedure: when the money is then collected you will be registered for use.
> Account name: Hughes Hall MCR
> Sort code: 401608
> Account number: 50462411
> Reference: your CRSID (like ‘abc01’)
How to use the punt
- The punt can then be booked here for a maximum of 3 hours.
- After booking a confirmation will be sent, which must be printed and taken to St Johns college porters lodge – via the Cripps building (white modern building).
- Keys can then be collected from the porters lodge. Please make sure not to lose the key or any other equipment. The punt is moored at the spot Z2 and the cushions are available in locker 11.
- Please return these in the same condition you found them. Failure to follow these rules will mean that we will lose this facility.