Our punt Buffyfish, usually moored at St John’s, is taking a gap year for some essential repairs. We hope to get her back on the water again for the start of the next season in April 2018!
Until then, Punt Club members can hire a punt at Scudamore’s Mill Lane station for free throughout the whole year! Please check the Punt Club terms and conditions for details.
How to become a member
1. To join the Punt Club, please fill in the membership form, print it, and leave it in the pigeon hole of Connie Boldt (Punt Admiral) or send it electronically to email@example.com. We also ask for a donation of £15 as a small contribution to the expenses of the Punt Club. The donation can be made in cash (in the same pigeon hole) or by bank transfer to the MCR:
Account name: Hughes Hall MCR
Sort code: 401608
Account number: 50462411
Reference: your CRSID (like ‘abc01’)
2. Send an email to the Punt Admiral (firstname.lastname@example.org) confirming this procedure. Once your donation has arrived/has been collected, you will be registered for use and get access to the punt booking system (offline at the moment).
How to hire a Scudamore’s punt
1. The punt can be booked by one Punt Club member per day for as much as the whole day (see T’s & C’s). Until the amended booking system is online, please book via email@example.com quoting your membership number (if you don’t have a membership number, just contact the Admiral). Your booking will then be shown in the online calendar.
2. After booking, a confirmation will be sent, which must be printed and presented, together with your University Card, at the Hughes Hall Porter’s Lodge in order to get the pass for the Scudamore’s punt. You will be asked to leave a deposit of £10 (or more) and to sign into the punt hire list as well.
3. Go to Scudamore’s Mill Lane Station and hire a 6-person punt (or a kayak/canoe!) towards Grantchester or the College Backs. You will be asked to leave your credit card as a deposit. The punt must be returned before the station closes. 4. Return the punt pass back to Hughes Hall’s Porter’s Lodge on the same day or no later than 9 am the next day. Otherwise your deposit will be kept. Members who fail repeatedly to follow these rules may lose the privilege to use the punt or will be asked for a higher deposit.